Heat stress on dairy cows is always a concern. It can be extra discomforting to cows “in transition” during those three or so weeks ahead of calving. This week, K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk asks dairy producers to pay particular attention to ways of abating that heat stress for transition cows this summer.
Transition heat stress
- Crop markets generally strong at midday Monday
- It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a mobile shade machine?
- Crop markets are starting the week on a generally firm note
- Keeping nutrients in the field and out of tile lines
- Combating the Heat in Dairy Herds
- Earthworms help Fresno State clean dairy wastewater