Metritis risk factors
The goal of fresh cow programs is to transition cows into high production while ensuring a healthy return to reproductive cyclicity. Shortly after calving, lactation energy demands start to compete for nutrients. Reduced nutrient availability can then leave fresh cows more susceptible to diseases and reproductive challenges. FULL STORY »
Re-examine your fresh cow routine
It’s commonplace on some farms to give a fresh cow a bottle of calcium just after calving, but it may be a band-aid that covers underlying nutritional issues. FULL STORY »
New Source Of Fresh Cow Information Announced By Vance Publishing & Pfizer Animal Health
FreshCowInnovationCenter.com is a new hub for everything fresh cows developed by Cattlenetwork and Dairy Herd Management magazine in conjunction with Pfizer Animal Health.
FULL STORY »
Monitoring Fresh Cows
Dairy farmers, nutritionists, and veterinarians report a critical need to monitor cow immediately after calving until they are ready to aggressively begin their lactation. A fresh cow strategy allows these cows to be monitored and observed on a daily basis. FULL STORY »
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- Dairy markets: Milk production report sends markets lower
- Dean spin-off of WhiteWave: Silk beating milk one year later
- Corn crop in best shape in 21 years
- Minnesota's largest dairy shows calf facility
- Michigan honors Continental Dairy Facilities for exports