Are you ready for an aggressive fresh-cow program?
Use this quiz to find out. FULL STORY »
Keep fresh cows healthy
New research shows just exactly how much more health fresh cows eat and how much more milk they produce than cows who develop one of the common problems that tend to plague fresh cows. FULL STORY »
Get aggressive with fresh-cow management
Undetected subclinical disease affects far more cows than clinical cases. Use these ideas to improve your fresh-cow management and reduce the number of subclinical cases too. FULL STORY »
Minimize summer fresh-cow problems
Each summer, I find myself working with producers on the problems that occur when cows and heifers freshen during the heat and humidity that we have in south Georgia. Some fresh-cow problems are always present, but during this time of year the incidence of metritis, ketosis, displaced abomasum (DA) or cows off feed increases. To minimize problems, several areas need to be addressed. FULL STORY »
Rumen pump delivers fresh-cow solution
A 55-gallon barrel and 0.3-horsepower submersible pump is used to deliver a fresh-cow mixture to all fresh cows at Schmidt’s Ponderosa in Bonduel, Wis. FULL STORY »
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs