Heat stress on dairy cows is always a concern. It can be extra discomforting to cows “in transition” during those three or so weeks ahead of calving. This week, K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk asks dairy producers to pay particular attention to ways of abating that heat stress for transition cows this summer.
Transition heat stress
- Land availability top young farmer concern
- USDA expands support for small, mid-sized farmers and ranchers
- DHM Markets/Marketers: CWT sales, dairy cattle auctions
- January dairy replacement, hay exports lower
- Senate warns EU to stop food fight over dairy names
- CDC: Declining numbers proof California must join FMMO