Heat stress on dairy cows is always a concern. It can be extra discomforting to cows “in transition” during those three or so weeks ahead of calving. This week, K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk asks dairy producers to pay particular attention to ways of abating that heat stress for transition cows this summer.
Transition heat stress
- No Farm Bill could mean $38 milk after Jan. 1
- Cyprus debt deal weighs on grain, livestock markets
- Video: Evaluating corn silage processing in the field
- Merck Animal Health to market Neogen’s dairy genomic program
- Cropp: September Dairy Situation and Outlook
- Dairy markets: The beat goes on for butter