Heat stress on dairy cows is always a concern. It can be extra discomforting to cows “in transition” during those three or so weeks ahead of calving. This week, K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk asks dairy producers to pay particular attention to ways of abating that heat stress for transition cows this summer.
Transition heat stress
- Minnesota's largest dairy shows calf facility
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Video: Milk's journey - 48 hours in 48 seconds
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- U.S dairy cow numbers up, but replacement heifer numbers lower
- Foremost Farms, Michigan Milk announce strategic alliance