When the Natzke family built their new barn near Wayside, Wis., one year ago, they decided to add an extra lane on the outside of the fresh cow and hospital pens. The 230-foot-long by 10-foot-wide lane allows them to easily and calmly switch cows from group to group without having to interrupt large numbers of animals, thus minimizing disruptions to cow routines.
Easy cow movement
- Yogurt nominated as New York’s ‘state snack’
- 6 of California’s Top 10 counties saw 2013 milk output declines
- USDA amends Appalachian, Southeast and Florida federal orders
- Legislation would block EPA from releasing producer information
- USDA: Livestock producers urged to keep good disaster records
- DHM Markets/Marketers: PA IOFC a record high
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Fluid sales, cost of production, Chobani
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
AfiMilk MPC – Ultimate Milking Control solution