When the Natzke family built their new barn near Wayside, Wis., one year ago, they decided to add an extra lane on the outside of the fresh cow and hospital pens. The 230-foot-long by 10-foot-wide lane allows them to easily and calmly switch cows from group to group without having to interrupt large numbers of animals, thus minimizing disruptions to cow routines.
Easy cow movement
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Life changes, but fall brings World Dairy Expo
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do