When the Natzke family built their new barn near Wayside, Wis., one year ago, they decided to add an extra lane on the outside of the fresh cow and hospital pens. The 230-foot-long by 10-foot-wide lane allows them to easily and calmly switch cows from group to group without having to interrupt large numbers of animals, thus minimizing disruptions to cow routines.
Easy cow movement
- 13th annual Animal Ag Summit "Cracking the Millennial Code"
- Exports: Corn sales set 10-week low…again
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine
- Dairy markets: In search of equilibrium
- Livestock markets lagged crop futures in early Thursday action
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill