This gating system makes it easy for one person to move a cow from a calving pen to the post-fresh processing area at the Transition Management Facility near Baldwin, Wis. The diagram above shows approximate dimensions for the gates that swing in either direction to aid cow flow. The individual calving pens are located right next to the processing area so fresh cows only need to walk a short distance to get there.
Gates help move fresh cows easily
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Life changes, but fall brings World Dairy Expo
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do