This gating system makes it easy for one person to move a cow from a calving pen to the post-fresh processing area at the Transition Management Facility near Baldwin, Wis. The diagram above shows approximate dimensions for the gates that swing in either direction to aid cow flow. The individual calving pens are located right next to the processing area so fresh cows only need to walk a short distance to get there.
Gates help move fresh cows easily
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast