This gating system makes it easy for one person to move a cow from a calving pen to the post-fresh processing area at the Transition Management Facility near Baldwin, Wis. The diagram above shows approximate dimensions for the gates that swing in either direction to aid cow flow. The individual calving pens are located right next to the processing area so fresh cows only need to walk a short distance to get there.
Gates help move fresh cows easily
- Will tornado alley come alive this weekend?
- Ag markets proved rather volatile again Thursday
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Cow culling lags; Pennsylvania heifers
- Farm Bureau fights EPA, tells members to ‘ditch the rule’
- How are you using incentive programs on your farm?
- Food waste-to-energy converter introduced at UC Davis