This gating system makes it easy for one person to move a cow from a calving pen to the post-fresh processing area at the Transition Management Facility near Baldwin, Wis. The diagram above shows approximate dimensions for the gates that swing in either direction to aid cow flow. The individual calving pens are located right next to the processing area so fresh cows only need to walk a short distance to get there.
Gates help move fresh cows easily
- Friday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Cold storage report bullish for butter
- Ag markets closed mostly higher again Friday
- Most ag markets traded firmly Friday morning
- Dairy Herd columnist Mess named social media farmer of the year
- Dairy markets: Class III futures up; butter nears all-time high