This Outlook, Wash. dairy, took advantage of a facilities remodel to segregate calving pens from the hospital area. Not only are these animals housed separately, but now individual calving pens are located on the opposite side of the dairy’s milking center. This enables managers to retain good cow flow while preventing disease spread via air currents or inadvertent animal contact.
Remodel helps protect fresh cows
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do
- Dairy calf care: Get a handle on dystocia data
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo