This Outlook, Wash. dairy, took advantage of a facilities remodel to segregate calving pens from the hospital area. Not only are these animals housed separately, but now individual calving pens are located on the opposite side of the dairy’s milking center. This enables managers to retain good cow flow while preventing disease spread via air currents or inadvertent animal contact.
Remodel helps protect fresh cows
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?