This Outlook, Wash. dairy, took advantage of a facilities remodel to segregate calving pens from the hospital area. Not only are these animals housed separately, but now individual calving pens are located on the opposite side of the dairy’s milking center. This enables managers to retain good cow flow while preventing disease spread via air currents or inadvertent animal contact.
Remodel helps protect fresh cows
- First sights of World Dairy Expo 2014
- Slideshow: World Dairy Expo opens to big crowd
- 2014 Dairy Herd Management Innovation Awards announced
- Early Wednesday World Dairy Expo photographs
- Select Sires offers new ear-tag based herd management system
- U.S. dairy decries EU-Canada trade agreement market barriers