This Outlook, Wash. dairy, took advantage of a facilities remodel to segregate calving pens from the hospital area. Not only are these animals housed separately, but now individual calving pens are located on the opposite side of the dairy’s milking center. This enables managers to retain good cow flow while preventing disease spread via air currents or inadvertent animal contact.
Remodel helps protect fresh cows
No matching related articles at this time.
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced