This Outlook, Wash. dairy, took advantage of a facilities remodel to segregate calving pens from the hospital area. Not only are these animals housed separately, but now individual calving pens are located on the opposite side of the dairy’s milking center. This enables managers to retain good cow flow while preventing disease spread via air currents or inadvertent animal contact.
Remodel helps protect fresh cows
- Minnesota's largest dairy shows calf facility
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Video: Milk's journey - 48 hours in 48 seconds
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- U.S dairy cow numbers up, but replacement heifer numbers lower
- Foremost Farms, Michigan Milk announce strategic alliance