This Outlook, Wash. dairy, took advantage of a facilities remodel to segregate calving pens from the hospital area. Not only are these animals housed separately, but now individual calving pens are located on the opposite side of the dairy’s milking center. This enables managers to retain good cow flow while preventing disease spread via air currents or inadvertent animal contact.
Remodel helps protect fresh cows
- Making recommendations on climate change mitigation
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill
- Is chocolate milk ban-worthy? Study says ‘no’
- To prevent crime, farmers, deputies use proven tools
- Can ration sorting benefit lactating dairy cattle?
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine