this water hydrant is located adjacent to the maternity pens at the Transition Management Facility near Baldwin, Wis. The hydrant supplies warm water for cleaning the pens. It also makes it easy for employees and veterinary students who train at the facility to give fresh cows 15 gallons of tempered water immediately after calving.
Warm water near fresh-cow pens
- Most crop futures are starting Thursday on a strong note
- Dairy markets: A mid-week pop to the upside
- As debate rages, GMO labeling votes loom in Oregon, Colorado
- Businesses urge Obama to fast-track Asian trade deal
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- NMPF adds Bongards-MN, Mount Joy-PA, Cortland & Oneida-Madison-NY