this water hydrant is located adjacent to the maternity pens at the Transition Management Facility near Baldwin, Wis. The hydrant supplies warm water for cleaning the pens. It also makes it easy for employees and veterinary students who train at the facility to give fresh cows 15 gallons of tempered water immediately after calving.
Warm water near fresh-cow pens
- Annual Minnesota Nutrition Conference scheduled
- Canada’s Agropur co-op acquires Davisco milk processing plants
- Grains dipped Tuesday while the other markets climbed
- Cattle, soybeans climb Tuesday morning
- EPA in hot water over proposed CWA rule
- DHM Southeast: Dairy events in Florida, update on Burdette/Stiles