this water hydrant is located adjacent to the maternity pens at the Transition Management Facility near Baldwin, Wis. The hydrant supplies warm water for cleaning the pens. It also makes it easy for employees and veterinary students who train at the facility to give fresh cows 15 gallons of tempered water immediately after calving.
Warm water near fresh-cow pens
- Tuesday’s CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: CWT export sales; dairy replacement auctions
- Recount upholds Missouri’s ‘Right to Farm’
- Next ‘Protecting Your Profits’ conference call is Sept. 24
- Ag markets turned mostly lower Tuesday morning
- FDA vetted seven percent of animal antibiotics for superbug risk