Heifer competition affects feeding behavior
A new study of Holstein heifers at the University of Guelph, published in the August Journal of Dairy Science, offers a few explanations of what happens during competition. FULL STORY »
Nutrition important in curbing mastitis
We've known for years that certain nutrients, such as vitamin E and selenium, have a profound effect on the immune system — and, therefore, mastitis. FULL STORY »
Dry period length, fresh cow health and postpartum fertility in dairy cows
Skimming computer records in a dairy can give us a rough idea on the reproduction outcome just by looking at some average numbers. FULL STORY »
High cost of fresh-cow disorders
Saying he has “banker blood” in him, Jim Kusilek wants to know if he is getting a good financial return from the dry-cow facility that he built in 2001. One of the things he looks at is the displaced abomasum rate. FULL STORY »
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs