this water hydrant is located adjacent to the maternity pens at the Transition Management Facility near Baldwin, Wis. The hydrant supplies warm water for cleaning the pens. It also makes it easy for employees and veterinary students who train at the facility to give fresh cows 15 gallons of tempered water immediately after calving.
Warm water near fresh-cow pens
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?