Three men are believed to have drowned in a small pond on a cattle ranch in rural Jackson County in the northern Panhandle.
Officials say one body was recovered by divers Monday afternoon.
The three were part of a group of five who were swimming in the pond late Sunday.
The sheriff's office says foul play is not believed to be the cause of the suspected drownings, which are still under investigation.
Stan Kirkland of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission says wildlife officers trapped two alligators at the pond earlier Monday before recovery efforts began.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Life changes, but fall brings World Dairy Expo
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do