Three men are believed to have drowned in a small pond on a cattle ranch in rural Jackson County in the northern Panhandle.
Officials say one body was recovered by divers Monday afternoon.
The three were part of a group of five who were swimming in the pond late Sunday.
The sheriff's office says foul play is not believed to be the cause of the suspected drownings, which are still under investigation.
Stan Kirkland of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission says wildlife officers trapped two alligators at the pond earlier Monday before recovery efforts began.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Dairying in a warzone
- Vandenheuvel: Time to act on California federal order
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant
- John Deere’s 2014 product launch heavy in hay equipment