Three men are believed to have drowned in a small pond on a cattle ranch in rural Jackson County in the northern Panhandle.
Officials say one body was recovered by divers Monday afternoon.
The three were part of a group of five who were swimming in the pond late Sunday.
The sheriff's office says foul play is not believed to be the cause of the suspected drownings, which are still under investigation.
Stan Kirkland of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission says wildlife officers trapped two alligators at the pond earlier Monday before recovery efforts began.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?