Ag antimicrobial use under serious scrutiny
When it comes to antimicrobials, farmers better follow the adage of “use them right or lose them.” Because usage of these tools in agriculture is under increasing scrutiny by the media and regulators, says Christine Hoang, assistant director, Scientific Activities Division of the American Veterinary Medical Association. Hoang urged attendees at this week’s Annual Business Conference of the Professional Dairy Producers of Wisconsin to follow drug labels to a “T” or be prepared for the consequences. FULL STORY »
Get talking to build consumer trust
Consumers have two images of farmers, and one of these images will go away, Linda Basse Wenck told attendees at the Professional Dairy Producers of Wisconsin Annual Business Conference in Madison, Wis., this week. Wenck is director of corporate social responsibility for Morgan & Myers, a communications firm. One image is a farmer who is hardworking, honest, nurturing and caring, and important to the economy. The other image is less positive, with consumers not always believing and trusting that farmers will do the right thing on their farms. FULL STORY »
Have a farm blog? Get it noticed
Even after all the hard work you put into your blog, you still have another detail to take care of, says Misty Belardo, a writer for InkRebels.com. You now have to promote it. FULL STORY »
Spotlight on "Amazing Agriculture"
As the Agriculture Council of America (ACA) points out, agriculture should always be in the spotlight. But during National Ag Week, March 13 to 19, and on Ag Day, March 15, producers, associations, corporations, universities, government agencies and countless others will have a chance to recognize and celebrate the abundance provided by American agriculture. FULL STORY »
Small vs. large farms: Are animals treated differently?
Many people have opinions, even concerns, about today's agriculture, especially when it comes to the well-being of animals. FULL STORY »
Bill to protect farmers from undercover extremists
The Animal Agriculture Alliance is pleased to learn that Iowa State Representative Annette Sweeney has introduced H.F. 431, which will help agriculture defend against activists who gain illicit employment on farms and in processing facilities in order to obtain undercover videos. FULL STORY »
- EPA in hot water over proposed CWA rule
- DHM Southeast: Dairy events in Florida, update on Burdette/Stiles
- Calves with Sam: Read ALL the directions!
- Footrot can be more problematic in wet years
- Drones draw interest to crop scouting and other new farm uses
- DHM Midwest: MN Farm Families of the year, new interns, and golf
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- Dairy markets: Milk production report sends markets lower
- Dean spin-off of WhiteWave: Silk beating milk one year later
- Rhode Island names Wright's Dairy Farm as Outstanding for 2014
- U.S. June milk production up 1.9 percent
- 'Peak soil' threatens future global food security