Judges will also be looking for informative and accurate content that is presented in a creative manner. Krepps offers the following considerations to start the brainstorming process.
- Protecting the environment: How do you manage manure to keep the water clean? How do you prevent soil erosion and run-off? Explain how you work to be a good steward of the environment.
- Compassion for animals: How do you keep your animals comfortable and healthy? What daily tasks go into caring for your animals? Share the importance of caring for your livestock.
- Committed to growing safe food: What procedures do you use that help ensure a safe food supply? How can you educate the public about the safety precautions that you take to deliver a safe product? Exhibit how farmers grow crops and raise livestock and other commodities with a commitment to the consumer.
- Dedicated to Michigan's future: As a farmer, how are you connected to your community? How do you work to educate your neighbors about the good practices you use on your farm? Demonstrate how your commitment to Michigan agriculture strengthens Michigan's future.
- Incorporating NRCS: What NRCS programs are you implementing on your farm to enhance, protect and maintain the environment? Highlight the relationship that you have with your local NRCS office.
Visit http://www.farmers-care.com/care/videocontest for complete contest rules and instructions on how to upload video submissions to the Share How You Care YouTube channel.
The Share How You Care video contest is made possible through a partnership between MFB and NRCS. MFB is the sponsor of the cash prizes.
Source: Michigan Farm Bureau