CHERAW, S.C. (AP) — A South Carolina man has been arrested on animal cruelty charges after several dead horses and a dead cow were found on his property.
The Morning News of Florence reported Wednesday that Chesterfield County sheriff's deputies found the animals at the land of 58-year-old Gerald H. Rhynes of Cheraw.
Neighbors called deputies June 2 and reported seeing a dead horse. Deputies found a dead cow and five dead horses in a pasture and found eight other horses without hay or feed.
Rhynes is charged with seven counts of animal cruelty. It was not clear if he has an attorney.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
SC Man Arrested On Animal Cruelty Charges
- DHM Numbers: Dairy CPI mostly higher in September
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- November Class I base lower; Cold Storage report mixed
- Food Babe visits my university
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- ABI Elects New President and Officers at October Board Meeting
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs