State Agriculture and Forestry Commissioner Mike Strain says two Natchitoches Parish men have been arrested on cattle theft charges for reportedly selling mortgaged cattle and failing to pay the lender.
Strain tells The Alexandria Town Talk that Louisiana Brand Commission inspectors arrested Steven L. Jones of Natchez and Milton Jude Metoyer of Derry last month.
Authorities say Jones and Metoyer are accused of unlawfully selling more than 20 head of cattle with an estimated value of $9,300 between December 2008 and July 2009.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
- BQA Producers Forum open to all checkoff investors
- Improved harvest weather is weighing on the crop markets Monday
- GMO labeling foes spend big on campaigns in Oregon, Colorado
- Land O'Lakes creates 10 new fellowships at 5 universities
- Michigan State seeks 2015 Dairy Farmer of the Year applications
- Innovation Center For US Dairy: Mind The (Energy) Gap