State Agriculture and Forestry Commissioner Mike Strain says two Natchitoches Parish men have been arrested on cattle theft charges for reportedly selling mortgaged cattle and failing to pay the lender.
Strain tells The Alexandria Town Talk that Louisiana Brand Commission inspectors arrested Steven L. Jones of Natchez and Milton Jude Metoyer of Derry last month.
Authorities say Jones and Metoyer are accused of unlawfully selling more than 20 head of cattle with an estimated value of $9,300 between December 2008 and July 2009.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
- Dairying in a warzone
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- BQA certification — offer Sept. 1 through Oct. 31
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Dairy podcast: Mark and Bob scratching their heads about markets