State Agriculture and Forestry Commissioner Mike Strain says two Natchitoches Parish men have been arrested on cattle theft charges for reportedly selling mortgaged cattle and failing to pay the lender.
Strain tells The Alexandria Town Talk that Louisiana Brand Commission inspectors arrested Steven L. Jones of Natchez and Milton Jude Metoyer of Derry last month.
Authorities say Jones and Metoyer are accused of unlawfully selling more than 20 head of cattle with an estimated value of $9,300 between December 2008 and July 2009.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
- Alltech opens lab at Nestlé's China Dairy Farming Institute
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking