CHERAW, S.C. (AP) — A South Carolina man has been arrested on animal cruelty charges after several dead horses and a dead cow were found on his property.
The Morning News of Florence reported Wednesday that Chesterfield County sheriff's deputies found the animals at the land of 58-year-old Gerald H. Rhynes of Cheraw.
Neighbors called deputies June 2 and reported seeing a dead horse. Deputies found a dead cow and five dead horses in a pasture and found eight other horses without hay or feed.
Rhynes is charged with seven counts of animal cruelty. It was not clear if he has an attorney.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
- Post-wean digestion impaired in intensive-fed rapidly weaned calf
- Massage and mooo-d music soothe Vietnam's Miss Milk Cow
- Meeting to showcase anaerobic digester for renewable energy
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Dairy CPI mostly higher in September
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs