CHERAW, S.C. (AP) — A South Carolina man has been arrested on animal cruelty charges after several dead horses and a dead cow were found on his property.
The Morning News of Florence reported Wednesday that Chesterfield County sheriff's deputies found the animals at the land of 58-year-old Gerald H. Rhynes of Cheraw.
Neighbors called deputies June 2 and reported seeing a dead horse. Deputies found a dead cow and five dead horses in a pasture and found eight other horses without hay or feed.
Rhynes is charged with seven counts of animal cruelty. It was not clear if he has an attorney.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
- First sights of World Dairy Expo 2014
- Slideshow: World Dairy Expo opens to big crowd
- 2014 Dairy Herd Management Innovation Awards announced
- Select Sires offers new ear-tag based herd management system
- Early Wednesday World Dairy Expo photographs
- U.S. dairy decries EU-Canada trade agreement market barriers