CHERAW, S.C. (AP) — A South Carolina man has been arrested on animal cruelty charges after several dead horses and a dead cow were found on his property.
The Morning News of Florence reported Wednesday that Chesterfield County sheriff's deputies found the animals at the land of 58-year-old Gerald H. Rhynes of Cheraw.
Neighbors called deputies June 2 and reported seeing a dead horse. Deputies found a dead cow and five dead horses in a pasture and found eight other horses without hay or feed.
Rhynes is charged with seven counts of animal cruelty. It was not clear if he has an attorney.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
- Food Babe visits my university
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs