Spinner.com reports Sir Paul McCartney appeared on BBC Radio 4’s Today show Thursday speaking against the livestock industry claiming it contributes to climate change more than planes, trains and automobiles combined.
McCartney, a committed vegetarian, is involved with the Meat Free Mondays campaign. He says the campaign has caught on with the goal of slowing climate change by consuming less meat in a week.
The British Beef Association is upset with the interview and wants airtime on BBC to share its point of view. The BBC has not responded to the Association yet.
For more information click here.
- First sights of World Dairy Expo 2014
- Slideshow: World Dairy Expo opens to big crowd
- 2014 Dairy Herd Management Innovation Awards announced
- Select Sires offers new ear-tag based herd management system
- Early Wednesday World Dairy Expo photographs
- U.S. dairy decries EU-Canada trade agreement market barriers