Darling International has expanded its operations by acquiring a Lexington, Neb. based livestock rendering business.
The Irving, Texas-based Darling said this week that it had acquired Nebraska By-Products and its Lexington rendering facility. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Nebraska By-Products serves farmers, ranchers, and feedlot operators in Nebraska, Kansas and parts of Colorado and South Dakota.
Darling International says its the largest publicly traded food processing by products recycling company in the United States with a network of facilities nationwide.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
- First sights of World Dairy Expo 2014
- Slideshow: World Dairy Expo opens to big crowd
- 2014 Dairy Herd Management Innovation Awards announced
- Early Wednesday World Dairy Expo photographs
- Select Sires offers new ear-tag based herd management system
- U.S. dairy decries EU-Canada trade agreement market barriers