Darling International has expanded its operations by acquiring a Lexington, Neb. based livestock rendering business.
The Irving, Texas-based Darling said this week that it had acquired Nebraska By-Products and its Lexington rendering facility. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Nebraska By-Products serves farmers, ranchers, and feedlot operators in Nebraska, Kansas and parts of Colorado and South Dakota.
Darling International says its the largest publicly traded food processing by products recycling company in the United States with a network of facilities nationwide.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
- Collect Colostrum Sooner rather than Later
- Thursday’s CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Cow culling slips 12% behind last year
- SCR partners with Nestlé to establish Chinese dairy institute
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Export data, equity gains boost crop futures Thursday morning
- Food Babe visits my university
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs