Study examines selenium's effect on heifer mastitis
New research looks at selenium supplementation before calving and its effect on early-lactation udder health of pastured dairy heifers. FULL STORY »
How Do Heifers Get Mastitis?
Before they give their first drop of milk, some heifers already succumb to intramammary mastitis infections. How does this happen? Mastitis specialists Steve Nickerson, PhD, with the University of Georgia, and Bill Owens, PhD, at the Louisiana State University Agricultural Center, say the answer is not completely clear. FULL STORY »
Tools for a faster mastitis diagnosis on the horizon
Research says PCR tests hold promise as a tool to complement traditional methods of mastitis diagnostics. FULL STORY »
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?