Participate in cow-monitoring technology survey
Researchers at the University of Kentucky are conducting a survey to better understand dairy producer technology needs. They want to hear from you, even if you don't use cow-monitoring technologies on your farm. FULL STORY »
Tools for Teams workshop coming up in Pa.
Penn State’s Extension Dairy Team is offering a “Tools for Teams” workshop on March 20. The workshop will highlight the use of various whole farm and data tracking tools to help teams improve success. FULL STORY »
Your guide to proper milk sampling and using the CMT
The latest installment in a University of Wisconsin udder-health series is a good refresher on proper milk-sampling techniques and using the California Mastitis Test. Consider adding it to your milker training handbook. FULL STORY »
How does your herd's performance stack up?
According to a recent analysis of over 3,300 AgSource herds, significant improvements were seen last year in almost all areas of herd management. What can you learn from the achievements of these top-managed herds? FULL STORY »
Best milking practices focus of upcoming Pa. workshops
Register now for one of several workshops designed to help you and your employees improve milking practices and on-farm culturing. FULL STORY »
Klebsiella subject of milk-quality video
The video is the fourth in a series of YouTube videos produced by University of Wisconsin milk-quality experts. It looks at environmental sources and transmission of Klebsiella, as well as control and treatment options. FULL STORY »
- USDA: FAQs about potential California FMMO
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast