Bio-Vet, Inc., announces that it has reformulated Bovine GoldLyte to better meet the needs of cattle during hot summer weather and be more economical for livestock producers. FULL STORY »
PortaSCC Quick Test
PortaCheck, Inc. introduces the PortaSCC Quick Test – the first rapid and affordable, semi-quantitative on-farm test that detects mastitis, including the low SCC levels associated with sub-clinical mastitis. FULL STORY »
Triangle Vaccines Get a New Name, New Look
Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc., introduces a new look and updates names for Triangle vaccines, long-time staples of the Fort Dodge Animal Health vaccine line. As part of the expanded Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc. portfolio, Triangle 5 has replaced Triangle 4 + Type II BVD, and Triangle 10 replaces Triangle 9 + Type II BVD. FULL STORY »
Bayer Animal Health announces that Baytril 100 (enrofloxacin) Injectable has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration for treatment of Mycoplasma bovis — a major pathogen for Bovine Respiratory Disease (BRD) that has a significant health and economic impact on cattle operations across the country. FULL STORY »
BetaStar Plus Dairy Antibiotic Test
Neogen Corporation announces that it has received approval from the FDA and National Conference on Interstate Milk Shipments (NCIMS) for its quick and easy BetaStar Plus assay, developed for use in the United States to detect dairy antibiotic residues, including ceftiofur, in milk. This approval allows milk producers and processors in the U.S. to use Neogen's new test to comply with FDA regulations that require the mandatory testing of raw milk tankers for dairy antibiotic residues, under Appendix N of the Pasteurized Milk Ordinance (PMO). FULL STORY »
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
H.J. Baker & Bro., Inc.