Advice on feeding low-forage diets
Here is a look at a low-forage feeding trial and some considerations to keep in mind when feeding low-forage diets or diets with high non-forage fiber sources. FULL STORY »
A reminder to step up energy needs in cold weather
Failing to meet energy needs during consistently low environmental temperatures can cause dairy calves and older animals to deplete body fat stores, plunging them into negative-energy balance. FULL STORY »
Spanish edition of California Dairy Newsletter available
The annual Spanish edition of a dairy newsletter from the University of California Cooperative Extension is now online. It contains five production-management articles that have been translated into Spanish. FULL STORY »
A look at copper toxicity in heifers
Growing heifers may be more susceptible to chronic copper toxicity than previously thought. Toxicity in young animals also may occur at dietary levels lower than those that induce toxicity in mature Holsteins. FULL STORY »
Are your dry cows getting enough metabolizable protein?
Nutrition and management during the dry period are critical factors for the metabolic status and lactation performance of the dam, as well as the health of her calf. Formulating dry-cow diets for metabolizable protein is an area of opportunity. FULL STORY »
- Ag markets posted mixed closes Tuesday afternoon
- Grants up to $5,000 available for CASE Certification & Equipment
- Rock River Laboratory introduces Wisconsin convenience routes
- Support dairy cow health by managing forage quality
- Ag markets firmed Tuesday morning
- Agriculture now generates $88.3 billion and 413,500 jobs in Wis.