World Forage Analysis Superbowl seminars
The World Forage Analysis Superbowl takes place next month during World Dairy Expo in Madison, Wis. The event includes a forage quality competition, as well as educational seminars. FULL STORY »
Dairy Focus: Protecting hay more important than ever
The U.S. drought of 2012 has left most livestock producers in the Midwest and beyond scrambling for more hay. One of the quickest ways to waste this precious commodity is failing to protect it from moisture. FULL STORY »
Storing grain? Protect it like a bin full of gold
What are you doing with new crop corn and soybeans? Are you selling at harvest, concerned about a long, slow price decline typical of a short crop? Or are you storing them, hoping the market will continue to climb as end users bid higher to acquire inventory? FULL STORY »
Drought has made it important to test for nitrates
A large percentage of nitrates are found in the lower portion of the stalk. If your results confirm that you have high nitrates, raising the cutting height of your corn will help to avoid some of those nitrates in your feed. Allowing the corn silage to ferment for three to four weeks may also allow the nitrate levels to drop, as fermentation causes a decrease in nitrate levels by 25 to 40 percent. FULL STORY »
Will your crop insurance claim be large enough for an audit?
If you are a Corn Belt farmer, and have corn or soybeans covered by crop insurance, there is a strong possibility that you may have a claim to file for either loss of production or revenue. FULL STORY »
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
LEVUCELL® SC ADVANTAGE
Lallemand Animal Nutrition