Will your crop insurance claim be large enough for an audit?
If you are a Corn Belt farmer, and have corn or soybeans covered by crop insurance, there is a strong possibility that you may have a claim to file for either loss of production or revenue. FULL STORY »
Monitor water availability in a drought
Drought conditions may cause some disruptions in water availability. Here is some advice to ensure heifers, dry cows and lactating cows are getting the water they need. FULL STORY »
Video highlights fall oats as emergency forage
A new YouTube video on fall oats as an alternative forage crop is now available at the University of Illinois Dairy Education YouTube channel. FULL STORY »
Tips for pricing corn silage
A lot more corn may be headed for silage this year than normal. Experts at the University of Nebraska and University of Wisconsin offer advice on how to price it fairly. FULL STORY »
Drought damage dangers
Extreme temperatures and the additional stress on plant growth have put this year’s crops at risk for increased nitrate levels, as well as mold and mycotoxin problems. FULL STORY »
- Minnesota's largest dairy shows calf facility
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Video: Milk's journey - 48 hours in 48 seconds
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- U.S dairy cow numbers up, but replacement heifer numbers lower
- Foremost Farms, Michigan Milk announce strategic alliance