Cool new ways to really listen to your cows
New precision dairy technologies, such as rumination/activity or rumination/activity/temperature sensors, can help you listen to your cows 24 hours a day, even in the middle of the night when nobody is around. FULL STORY »
BMR dwarf forage sorghum: What's the buzz?
While there appears to be justification for BMR dwarf forage sorghum use in dairy forage systems, remember to consider it as part of an overall forage management strategy. FULL STORY »
Mycotoxin Management Summit coming up
The Alltech Mycotoxin Management Summit is Apr. 4-5 in Lexington, Ky. The first annual event plans to address many of last year’s issues and share the latest in mycotoxin research and development. FULL STORY »
New website from University of Illinois Dairy Focus Lab
The website is intended to serve as a tool for communicating with the dairy industry and the community at large. It will be in English and Spanish. FULL STORY »
Diet essential for controlling milk fever
Transition diet management is essential for controlling hypocalcemia. Take preventative measures to manage blood calcium around calving to avoid a cascade of metabolic problems and health issues. FULL STORY »
- Making recommendations on climate change mitigation
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine
- Is chocolate milk ban-worthy? Study says ‘no’
- To prevent crime, farmers, deputies use proven tools
- Can ration sorting benefit lactating dairy cattle?