Check stored grain for potential problems
A warm spell in January is a good time to check stored grain. The value of the grain stored in a 25,000-bushel bin is about $175,000 at a corn market price of $7 per bushel, $350,000 for soybeans at $14 per bushel and $200,000 for wheat at $8 per bushel. FULL STORY »
Start planning for higher forage rations
There are many benefits to feeding high-forage rations to dairy cows, but doing so successfully takes careful planning. Here is some advice to get you started. FULL STORY »
Increase efficiency with amino acid balancing
In case you missed it, a recent webinar featuring a discussion on amino acid balancing has been recorded and is available at Dairy Herd Network. FULL STORY »
High-quality corn silage: A gift that keeps giving
New research findings suggest the milk-yield benefits of feeding highly digestible corn silage to transition cows may continue for at least two or three months after the silage is removed from the diet. FULL STORY »
Help for choosing corn hybrids for next season
Compare performance data carefully before making a corn hybrid selection for the 2013 growing season. Consider that planting a marginal hybrid could cap yield potential before the field is even planted. FULL STORY »
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs