Is your cattle feeding operation a bird feeder?
Feedlots and dairies have been associated with large populations of starlings during winter months. A starling weighing 85 grams can consume over 2 pounds of feed in a 30-day period. FULL STORY »
Mid-America Alfalfa Expo & Conference coming up
Alfalfa winter survival following a drought and how to best manage through that situation will be one of the key topics addressed during the Feb. 5-6 Alfalfa Expo, to be held in Kearney, Neb. FULL STORY »
Check stored grain for potential problems
A warm spell in January is a good time to check stored grain. The value of the grain stored in a 25,000-bushel bin is about $175,000 at a corn market price of $7 per bushel, $350,000 for soybeans at $14 per bushel and $200,000 for wheat at $8 per bushel. FULL STORY »
Start planning for higher forage rations
There are many benefits to feeding high-forage rations to dairy cows, but doing so successfully takes careful planning. Here is some advice to get you started. FULL STORY »
- Water Police, part four: EPA's definition of 'adjacent waters'
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Zoetis launches calf wellness
- U.S. steps up trade pressure on Japan ahead of Obama visit
- Professional Dairy Producers Foundation offers program grants
- UDIM rebrands to reflect diversity, versatility of dairy
- Making recommendations on climate change mitigation
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill
- Is chocolate milk ban-worthy? Study says ‘no’
- To prevent crime, farmers, deputies use proven tools
- Can ration sorting benefit lactating dairy cattle?
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine