Mastitis costs farmers $200 per cow per year, making it the most expensive dairy cow disease. Farmers can utilize Dairy Herd Improvement tests to monitor somatic cell counts, the most effective way to detect mastitis, in their herds. DHI tests will allow farmers to evaluate the quality of their mastitis control programs, allowing them to reduce mastitis losses.
- First sights of World Dairy Expo 2014
- Slideshow: World Dairy Expo opens to big crowd
- 2014 Dairy Herd Management Innovation Awards announced
- Select Sires offers new ear-tag based herd management system
- Early Wednesday World Dairy Expo photographs
- U.S. dairy decries EU-Canada trade agreement market barriers