Metabolic diseases can directly impact a cow’s health and reproductive system. Cattle that develop metabolic diseases, like milk fever and hypocalcemia, have worse reproductive health and are at a higher risk of contracting uterine disease. To prevent these diseases, a healthy diet is more important than a strong immune system is.
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced