Metabolic diseases can directly impact a cow’s health and reproductive system. Cattle that develop metabolic diseases, like milk fever and hypocalcemia, have worse reproductive health and are at a higher risk of contracting uterine disease. To prevent these diseases, a healthy diet is more important than a strong immune system is.
- Video: Evaluating corn silage processing in the field
- National Mastitis Council Annual Meeting set for Feb. 1-3, 2014
- Tuesday’s CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: CWT export sales; dairy replacement auctions
- Recount upholds Missouri’s ‘Right to Farm’
- Next ‘Protecting Your Profits’ conference call is Sept. 24