Proper nutrition monitoring is key to improving reproductive efficiency in a dairy herd. A nutritionist needs to evaluate feed before and after calving, when diet is most critical to reproductive health, in order to prevent over- or under-feeding certain proteins, vitamins and minerals to heifers. In particular, adequate calcium levels will prevent the herd from developing metritis as a result of hypocalcemia.
- The other crops couldn't duplicate Thursday night soy gains
- Minn.’s Peterson aims to hang onto House Ag Committee role, seat
- Baise: EPA's new water definition would devastate business
- DHM Numbers: Cow culling; replacement prices
- Thursday’s CME Dairy Market Recap
- Cattle futures bucked the bearish ag market trend Thursday