Proper nutrition monitoring is key to improving reproductive efficiency in a dairy herd. A nutritionist needs to evaluate feed before and after calving, when diet is most critical to reproductive health, in order to prevent over- or under-feeding certain proteins, vitamins and minerals to heifers. In particular, adequate calcium levels will prevent the herd from developing metritis as a result of hypocalcemia.
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do
- Dairy calf care: Get a handle on dystocia data