Proper nutrition monitoring is key to improving reproductive efficiency in a dairy herd. A nutritionist needs to evaluate feed before and after calving, when diet is most critical to reproductive health, in order to prevent over- or under-feeding certain proteins, vitamins and minerals to heifers. In particular, adequate calcium levels will prevent the herd from developing metritis as a result of hypocalcemia.
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced