Proper nutrition monitoring is key to improving reproductive efficiency in a dairy herd. A nutritionist needs to evaluate feed before and after calving, when diet is most critical to reproductive health, in order to prevent over- or under-feeding certain proteins, vitamins and minerals to heifers. In particular, adequate calcium levels will prevent the herd from developing metritis as a result of hypocalcemia.
- Alltech opens lab at Nestlé's China Dairy Farming Institute
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking