Proper nutrition monitoring is key to improving reproductive efficiency in a dairy herd. A nutritionist needs to evaluate feed before and after calving, when diet is most critical to reproductive health, in order to prevent over- or under-feeding certain proteins, vitamins and minerals to heifers. In particular, adequate calcium levels will prevent the herd from developing metritis as a result of hypocalcemia.
- Making recommendations on climate change mitigation
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill
- Is chocolate milk ban-worthy? Study says ‘no’
- To prevent crime, farmers, deputies use proven tools
- Can ration sorting benefit lactating dairy cattle?
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine