Proper nutrition monitoring is key to improving reproductive efficiency in a dairy herd. A nutritionist needs to evaluate feed before and after calving, when diet is most critical to reproductive health, in order to prevent over- or under-feeding certain proteins, vitamins and minerals to heifers. In particular, adequate calcium levels will prevent the herd from developing metritis as a result of hypocalcemia.
- Lighter Side: Do anti-GMO people know what GMO means?
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty