Dr. Linda Tikofsky, a Professional Services Veterinarian for Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc., discusses how common dairy practices can cause a reduction in beef quality once a cull cow arrives at a packinghouse and recommends several steps to help preserve beef quality throughout a dairy cow's life.
Preserving beef quality in dairy cows
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?