Does genomic selection intensify inbreeding or help control it?
Inbreeding management can be easier with a program approach that utilizes genomic insights. FULL STORY »
Improving reproductive efficiency adds value
Improving 21-day pregnancy rates from 13 percent to 22 percent could result in a value of $188 per cow per year, or $37,600 for a 200-cow dairy herd, according to a University of Wisconsin dairy scientist. FULL STORY »
YouTube videos highlight dairy research
The Faculty of Land and Food Systems at the University of British Columbia has launched four news videos featuring the Dairy Education and Research Centre. FULL STORY »
- Beans and hogs reversed recent gains Tuesday night
- Green milk returns in time for St. Patrick’s Day
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Bill would keep farmer’s private information private
- Land availability top young farmer concern
- USDA expands support for small, mid-sized farmers and ranchers