How much is your pregnancy rate costing you?
This topic takes forefront in September during the next Penn State Extension “Show Me the Money” conference call series, which is free for anyone in the dairy industry. FULL STORY »
10 goals you must keep during heat stress
Phoenix, Ariz., was the perfect backdrop for a discussion on heat stress in dairy cattle. Learn what one expert had to say during a dairy science meeting held there last week. FULL STORY »
Why are my cows not getting pregnant in the fall?
The effects of heat stress that we have experienced thus far during the summer of 2012 will linger into the fall when the heat of the summer has long passed. FULL STORY »
Progesterone may help increase summer fertility
New research shows post-A.I. use of a controlled intravaginal drug-releasing (CIDR) insert containing progesterone may help improve summer conception rates. FULL STORY »
Is it a good idea to "cherry pick" cows in a synch protocol?
The answer has shifted back and forth over the years, but the latest advice is to adapt your strategy as dictated by herd performance. FULL STORY »
Identify the risk factors for non-cycling cows
What are some of the risk factors for postpartum cows to be anovular (non-cycling) for a prolonged length of time? Researchers at the University of Guelph set out to find some answers. FULL STORY »
- Mexico dairy industry looking toward growth
- IDFA, NMPF urge states to keep restrictions on raw milk
- Coalition fears trade retaliation over COOL, including dairy
- Dairy producers continue FARM animal care practice adoption
- Dairy markets: Spot butter dips below $2/lb.
- Zoetis hires new marketing manager
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Food Babe visits my university
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand