Improve the reproductive performance and profitability with Repro Money
A new program developed by University of Wisconsin-Extension and UW-Madison Dairy Science Department researchers is designed to increase farm net income by enhancing the reproductive performance of a producer’s cows. FULL STORY »
Treating dairy cow infertility with intrafollicular insemination
Low fertility in dairy cattle has prompted new research evaluating intrafollicular insemination (IFI) as an alternative to common artificial insemination (A.I.) practices. IFI is based on direct introduction of sperm to a pre-ovulatory follicle. FULL STORY »
Student’s device monitors dairy cows for efficient breeding
The San Luis Obispo Tribune reports a dairy science student at Cal Poly has used a device to monitor a cow’s health and increase pregnancy rates. FULL STORY »
Help to sort through synchronization protocols
It can be a challenge to keep the various synchronization protocols straight in your mind, let alone successfully implement them on your dairy. To help you and your management team more effectively manage your farm’s reproductive performance, a group of dairy reproductive experts have created a dairy synchronization protocol fact sheet. The two-page document outlines established synchronization protocols, making it an excellent resource tool for your reproductive toolbox. FULL STORY »
Use behavior to determine stage of estrous cycle
Researchers in Norway recently completed a study evaluating behavior associated with standing estrus in lactating dairy cows, in addition to the behavioral changes during a complete estrous cycle. The research was reported in the March 2011 Journal of Dairy Science. FULL STORY »
Improving uterine health starts with monitoring
When it comes to metritis - a costly and time-intensive disease with far-reaching repercussions - a consistent protocol for monitoring animals is essential to proactively preventing the disease. FULL STORY »
Reproduction analysis: Can you afford to skip it?
“If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will get you there.” That statement has clear application in any business and shows the management team if they are moving towards or away from their goals. FULL STORY »
Are you getting your heifers into the milking herd on time?
A common discussion between dairy producers and their consultants continues to be about the optimum age of calving for dairy heifers. Today, we focus on reproductive efficiency to get heifers into the milking string on time. FULL STORY »
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
Diamond V Original XPC