Johne’s disease has a negative influence on reproduction
New research quantifies impact of this disease. Not surprisingly, Johne’s disease detracts from reproductive performance. FULL STORY »
Genetics, environment and BRD
Both genetic and environmental factors influence an animal’s expression for resistance or susceptibility to a complex disease such as bovine respiratory disease. FULL STORY »
7 habits of highly effective reproductive management programs
Use these key factors to increase reproductive success on your dairy. FULL STORY »
Q&A: New research links the Leptin gene and perinatal mortality
Replacement heifers play an integral role in the success of a dairy operation. FULL STORY »
5-day Cidr Synch: The missing protocol for dairy heifers
Although programs combining prostaglandin (PGF2α) treatments and heat detection are very effective for dairy heifers, many producers have to rely on Timed A.I. protocols to get their heifers bred due to a number of different reasons. FULL STORY »
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs