Do you have an attitude of excellence?
A new survey shows attention to detail was the most frequently cited management practice of top dairy herds in Kentucky. Here is a look at some of the characteristics and practices that exemplify an attitude of excellence on these farms. FULL STORY »
Participate in cow-monitoring technology survey
Researchers at the University of Kentucky are conducting a survey to better understand dairy producer technology needs. They want to hear from you, even if you don't use cow-monitoring technologies on your farm. FULL STORY »
DAIReXNET to offer two repro webinars in April
The first webinar, scheduled for Apr. 8, will focus on economic analysis tools for dairy reproduction programs. The second webinar on Apr. 22 will look at new tools for dairy reproduction programs. FULL STORY »
Tools for Teams workshop coming up in Pa.
Penn State’s Extension Dairy Team is offering a “Tools for Teams” workshop on March 20. The workshop will highlight the use of various whole farm and data tracking tools to help teams improve success. FULL STORY »
How does your herd's performance stack up?
According to a recent analysis of over 3,300 AgSource herds, significant improvements were seen last year in almost all areas of herd management. What can you learn from the achievements of these top-managed herds? FULL STORY »
Step up heat detection in repeat breeders
Are repeat breeders a problem area in your reproduction program? Here is some advice to help you improve heat detection and pregnancy rates in these cows. FULL STORY »
Central Plains Dairy Expo is next week
The event, scheduled for March 26-28, in Sioux Falls, S.D., includes virtual farm tours, a trade show, educational seminars and a free concert by country music star Phil Vassar. FULL STORY »
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast