Nominations due Apr. 1 for DCRC Awards
Recognize outstanding dairy operations for reproductive efficiency by nominating them for the Dairy Cattle Reproduction Council (DCRC) Reproduction Awards program. FULL STORY »
5 steps to improved heifer reproduction
It is often thought that heifer reproduction outperforms that of the lactating herd, but this is not the case on most farms. Here are some tips to improve heifer reproductive performance on your operation. FULL STORY »
Know when to assist with calving
Calving time can be stressful for both the dairy cow and the herdsperson. Here is some advice to help you determine when assistance should be given during calving. FULL STORY »
Genomics webinar is Jan. 14
The webinar, hosted by eXtension, will review genomic technology and implementation, comparisons of early genomic predictions to actual daughter proofs, a discussion of inbreeding, and how genomics can be used as a herd management tool. FULL STORY »
Cow of the Future: Breeding for reduced methane output possible
Careful breeding could result in an 11-26 percent reduction in methane emissions from dairy cows. FULL STORY »
Upcoming webinar on genomics
Mark your calendar for Jan. 14 to hear Chad Dechow, Pennsylvania State University, review genomic technology and how genomics can be used as a herd management tool. FULL STORY »
- Why only one of four dairy calves drinks raw milk?
- USDA: FAQs about potential California FMMO
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast