Does genomic selection intensify inbreeding or help control it?
Inbreeding management can be easier with a program approach that utilizes genomic insights. FULL STORY »
Improving reproductive efficiency adds value
Improving 21-day pregnancy rates from 13 percent to 22 percent could result in a value of $188 per cow per year, or $37,600 for a 200-cow dairy herd, according to a University of Wisconsin dairy scientist. FULL STORY »
YouTube videos highlight dairy research
The Faculty of Land and Food Systems at the University of British Columbia has launched four news videos featuring the Dairy Education and Research Centre. FULL STORY »
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast