5 steps to improved heifer reproduction
It is often thought that heifer reproduction outperforms that of the lactating herd, but this is not the case on most farms. Here are some tips to improve heifer reproductive performance on your operation. FULL STORY »
Is poor hygiene undermining conception rates?
Semen handling, insemination technique, and the environment in which you work can all play a role in reducing pregnancy rates. Use this assessment to identify weaknesses in hygiene during breeding. FULL STORY »
Dairy producers benefit from using sexed semen
Kansas State University reproductive physiologist Jeff Stevenson discusses how sexed semen or gender-biased semen offers dairy producers a cost-effective method for adding more females to the herd. FULL STORY »
Why are my cows not getting pregnant in the fall?
The effects of heat stress that we have experienced thus far during the summer of 2012 will linger into the fall when the heat of the summer has long passed. FULL STORY »
Progesterone may help increase summer fertility
New research shows post-A.I. use of a controlled intravaginal drug-releasing (CIDR) insert containing progesterone may help improve summer conception rates. FULL STORY »
Identify the risk factors for non-cycling cows
What are some of the risk factors for postpartum cows to be anovular (non-cycling) for a prolonged length of time? Researchers at the University of Guelph set out to find some answers. FULL STORY »
YouTube videos highlight dairy research
The Faculty of Land and Food Systems at the University of British Columbia has launched four news videos featuring the Dairy Education and Research Centre. FULL STORY »
Stocking rate shows little influence on reproductive performance
Researchers in Ireland recently evaluated the impact of increased stocking densities on herd reproductive performance. FULL STORY »
Research identifies method to remove faulty sperm from AI process
All bull semen is not created equal, but Peter Sutovsky has found a way to level the bovine-fertility playing field. FULL STORY »
- Yogurt nominated as New York’s ‘state snack’
- 6 of California’s Top 10 counties saw 2013 milk output declines
- USDA amends Appalachian, Southeast and Florida federal orders
- Legislation would block EPA from releasing producer information
- USDA: Livestock producers urged to keep good disaster records
- DHM Markets/Marketers: PA IOFC a record high
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Fluid sales, cost of production, Chobani
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
ReaShure® Precision Release Choline