AgSource Genetic Selection Guide accelerates herd improvement
With the availability of sexed semen, genomically proven cows and bulls, and the increased value of beef animals, producers have more choices to make in managing dairy genetics than ever before. FULL STORY »
Drought increases importance of selection decisions
Genetic technologies, used early in an animal’s life, are important tools that can help you manage feed costs and assure genetic progress for future profitability. FULL STORY »
Cow of the Future: Breeding for reduced methane output possible
Careful breeding could result in an 11-26 percent reduction in methane emissions from dairy cows. FULL STORY »
Upcoming webinar on genomics
Mark your calendar for Jan. 14 to hear Chad Dechow, Pennsylvania State University, review genomic technology and how genomics can be used as a herd management tool. FULL STORY »
Selective dairy breeding may prevent lameness, boost productivity
Dairies could increase their efficiency and improve the health of their herds if they considered lameness and hoof health when they develop breeding plans, suggests a new study led by UC Davis researchers. FULL STORY »
Genomics: Creating opportunities for all dairies
Genomic technology currently holds its greatest stakes within elite dairy cattle breeding programs, but many commercial dairy operations are finding tremendous value and return from mass genomic screening. FULL STORY »
Reduce sick cows through breeding
Traditionally, the dairy industry has focused on proper nutrition and management practices to prevent disease. Another method that is gaining popularity is the use of genetics to select for healthier cows with naturally superior immune responses. FULL STORY »
Good genetic merit for fertility matters
Research results published in the July Journal of Dairy Science demonstrate, for the first time, that genetic merit for fertility has pronounced effects on key reproductive parameters. FULL STORY »
Crossbreeding concept within the Holstein breed?
The key to achieving the maximum opportunity of genetic enhancement within the same breed is the careful, thoughtful and persistent identification and segregation of genetically similar individuals. FULL STORY »
Does genomic selection intensify inbreeding or help control it?
Inbreeding management can be easier with a program approach that utilizes genomic insights. FULL STORY »
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- Yogurt nominated as New York’s ‘state snack’
- 6 of California’s Top 10 counties saw 2013 milk output declines
- USDA amends Appalachian, Southeast and Florida federal orders
- Legislation would block EPA from releasing producer information
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
Cow’s Match® ColdFront® and WarmFront® Seasonal Milk Replacers