Focus on heifer size to determine age at breeding
Dairy producers continue to focus on calving heifers at an earlier age, but to achieve that goal producers must manage heifers to reach breeding size sooner. FULL STORY »
Teamwork is essential for reproductive success
A successful dairy reproductive program is built on many factors, with the end result being greater than the sum of all its parts. But nothing can impede success faster than when resources do not function collaboratively. FULL STORY »
Is it time to do away with the herd bull?
If you have a herd bull, a clean-up bull, a bull for the heifers, please consider the alternatives available today, urges a Penn State extension educator. FULL STORY »
How much is your pregnancy rate costing you?
This topic takes forefront in September during the next Penn State Extension “Show Me the Money” conference call series, which is free for anyone in the dairy industry. FULL STORY »
10 goals you must keep during heat stress
Phoenix, Ariz., was the perfect backdrop for a discussion on heat stress in dairy cattle. Learn what one expert had to say during a dairy science meeting held there last week. FULL STORY »
Online dairy courses to be offered
Advanced Dairy Management and Diagnostics covers a wide range of topics related to dairy farm management, including calf and heifer management, pasture and forage systems, housing, milking systems and more. Advanced Dairy Reproduction focuses on all phases of reproductive physiology. FULL STORY »
Improve calving pen management
Calving pens are typically thought of as the culmination of a dairy’s reproduction program, but they are actually the start of the process and directly impact the subsequent pregnancy. FULL STORY »
Simple steps to identify and treat metritis
Metritis is one of the most common fresh cow diseases. Typically diagnosed during the first 10 days in milk, metritis is a uterine infection that can affect up to 30 percent of a dairy herd. FULL STORY »
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
LAND O LAKES® Pasteurized Milk Balancer®