Heat stress on dairy cows is always a concern. It can be extra discomforting to cows “in transition” during those three or so weeks ahead of calving. This week, K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk asks dairy producers to pay particular attention to ways of abating that heat stress for transition cows this summer.
Transition heat stress
- US ag safety and health centers celebrate Farm Safety Week
- ABS Global, Inc., files suit against Sexing Technologies
- Fonterra gives N.Z. milk prices a cut as earnings fall
- Fresh milk air shipments continue from Australia to China
- Ag markets posted mixed closes Tuesday afternoon
- Grants up to $5,000 available for CASE Certification & Equipment