Fat during the dry period improves reproduction
A recent study shows cows fed a supplemental fat for 21 days before calving spent 31 fewer days open and were 1.9 times more likely to become pregnant during the following lactation than unsupplemented cows. FULL STORY »
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?