Is it a good idea to "cherry pick" cows in a synch protocol?
Ever since the first estrous-synchronization protocol was developed, researchers and dairy producers have debated the merits of “cherry picking,” or artificially inseminating (A.I.) cows that come into heat before the protocol is completed.
The answer has shifted back and forth over the years, but the latest advice is to adapt your strategy as dictated by herd performance.
- Crop markets generally strong at midday Monday
- It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a mobile shade machine?
- Crop markets are starting the week on a generally firm note
- Keeping nutrients in the field and out of tile lines
- Combating the Heat in Dairy Herds
- Earthworms help Fresno State clean dairy wastewater