Commentary: On the meaning of ‘natural’
We love the term, especially if it’s plastered on the front of our food packaging. But if we drill down a bit, we discover that the term ‘natural’ has different meanings for different products. FULL STORY »
Nutrition group weighs in on aspartame in milk: It's not needed
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics approaches the debate from a different perspective. FULL STORY »
Calcium-rich diet may lower kidney stone risk
While calcium stones are one of the most common types of kidney stones, they aren’t caused by consuming more calcium. Instead, new research shows that a calcium-rich diet could actually prevent kidney stones. FULL STORY »
Research shows consumers like local food, but hurdles remain
A new study asking consumers and food operators about locally sourced foods finds the terms are becoming more common, but pinning down a consistent definition of these terms is difficult. FULL STORY »
Cleaning up mixed messages in the dairy aisle
Some companies label their products as artificial growth hormone-free, but are these labels a marketing gimmick that sends mixed messages to shoppers? FULL STORY »
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
H.J. Baker & Bro., Inc.