Ninety-seven percent of dairy farms are family-owned and operated, often by multiple generations of family. The Metzger family of Summit Farm in Lester, Iowa are proud to be part of this statistic. Lifelong dairy farmer Rodney Metzger not only has one of his children to take over the dairy — but all five, including daughter Emma, and sons Vance, Eric, Neil and Toby! Rodney says that having his children choose to come back to the family farm warms his heart. As Rodney passes the Summit Farm torch to the next generation, he knows the farm's future is in good hands and his family's legacy and commitment will continue.
Passing the farm to the next generation
- The new line on your milk check — spore counts
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- 2014 Dairy Herd Management Innovation Awards announced
- Land O'Lakes creates 10 new fellowships at 5 universities
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand