During the recent Animal Disease Traceability Forum in Denver, Glenn Fischer with Allflex USA outlined some key points of discussion. The ADT system allows individual states to set some of their standards for cattle shipped in, and Fischer says participants seemed to favor a regional approach toward harmonizing state ADT policies, with states negotiating agreements with other nearby states with similar production and marketing systems.
A flexible, regional animal traceability system
- Groundbreaking marks new era for World Dairy Expo facilities
- To prevent crime, farmers, deputies use proven tools
- Food shortages could be most critical world issue by mid-century
- Is chocolate milk ban-worthy? Study says ‘no’
- Considerations for spring seeded alfalfa
- Drought maintains strangle-hold on southern Plains