Sam Leadley with the Attica (N.Y.) Veterinary Associates looks at a recent case at a dairy. Ten “as-fed” colostrum samples were cultured for bacteria, and the samples reveled a variety of coliform counts.
Calves with Sam: Up-and-down bacteria counts in colostrum
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?