Final rules have yet to be written, but provisions in the new Dairy Margin Protection Program (DMPP) appear too good to pass up, according to University of Minnesota dairy economist Dr. Marin Bozic. Each dairy farm has different factors to determine feed costs and income margins, and Bozic is working with colleagues and private industry representatives to help dairy farmers design risk management strategies that combine current tools with DMPP, instead of creating an either/or situation. Listen to Bozic’s podcast
Podcast: All dairy producers should consider DMPP
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
LAND O LAKES® Pasteurized Milk Balancer®