Final rules have yet to be written, but provisions in the new Dairy Margin Protection Program (DMPP) appear too good to pass up, according to University of Minnesota dairy economist Dr. Marin Bozic. Each dairy farm has different factors to determine feed costs and income margins, and Bozic is working with colleagues and private industry representatives to help dairy farmers design risk management strategies that combine current tools with DMPP, instead of creating an either/or situation. Listen to Bozic’s podcast
Podcast: All dairy producers should consider DMPP
- Making recommendations on climate change mitigation
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill
- Is chocolate milk ban-worthy? Study says ‘no’
- To prevent crime, farmers, deputies use proven tools
- Can ration sorting benefit lactating dairy cattle?
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine