Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
Swedish health officials now recognize that when it comes to fighting obesity, a low-carb diet is the best option. FULL STORY »
Immigration reform: The next big thing after farm bill
A top official at the National Milk Producers Federation is optimistic that reform will occur. FULL STORY »
Commentary: Finally, some common sense on saturated fat
Emerging research indicates that dairy fat isn’t harmful to heart health and may, in fact, be beneficial. FULL STORY »
New livestock pavilions planned for World Dairy Expo
The two new pavilions ― one 90,000 square feet and the other 180,000 square feet ― will house a variety of animals during livestock shows. FULL STORY »
Commentary: Corporations can be socially responsible
It was obvious that DeLaval had gone to great expense bringing in experts and journalists from around the world to discuss these issues because it was the right thing to do. FULL STORY »
Design facilities for cows, not people
At last summer's Cow Longevity Conference sponsored by DeLaval, a veterinarian and professor in the farm animal health department at the University of Utrecht in the Netherlands said many of the things about free-stalls are not well-suited for cows. FULL STORY »
Long live the cows!
The transition period is when a majority of cow disease events occur. If cows can get through this period OK, their chances of completing a successful lactation and then moving on to another greatly increases. FULL STORY »
Commentary: Farm machinery companies smarter about biomass!
At a recent field day hosted by New Holland, I was glad to hear that biomass is a priority for the people who design harvesting equipment. FULL STORY »
Commentary: Farm machinery keeps getting smarter!
I got to ride in a tractor and it seemed the tractor could pretty much drive itself with all of the sophisticated GPS and auto-guidance features. FULL STORY »
- DHM Numbers: Cold storage report bullish for butter
- Ag markets closed mostly higher again Friday
- Most ag markets traded firmly Friday morning
- Dairy Herd columnist Mess named social media farmer of the year
- Dairy markets: Class III futures up; butter nears all-time high
- Cotton, soyoil diverged from general ag strength Thursday night
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Commentary: The worst meat to eat
- 2015 milk prices now looking more like 2013, 2011
- Minn. farm wins court case, power companies to buy 138 acres
- Drones on the farm: What are the laws?
- Jersey Island chooses direction 6 years after 250-year import ban